Saturday, July 28, 2007

Capitol Hill Block Party 7/27/7

Picture above, Blue Scholars Block Party 07

Thursday I bought a beer (Miller Low Life) and a ticket (Capitol Hill's 10th annual Block Party) at Neumos. It was about time I supported the local music scene, KEXP I gotta stop dodging the pledge drives because you are the only reason I love my Ipod and knew about the 2 bands that I wanted to see on Friday's Main Stage; Blue Scholars and Silversun Pickups. The NW's Blue Scholars are made up of singer Geologic and Deejay Sabzi who delivered a sharp and socially conscious set that rocked the thousands of spectators under Seattle's setting sun. While watching the audience during the duo's show I saw many people singing along to lyrics that were about politics and social justice. This was an encouraging site considering the politically apathetic young people and the fluff music industry in our society today. Before I got to righteous or whatever I opened a new tab and bought their latest album, Bayani, for $15.16 with shipping. Now I just need to register to vote in King County.. Blue Scholars; fat beats and tight rhymes that earned my support.



SSPU Block Party 07

Silversun Pickups played a great show with an electrifying presence on stage, to be honest I missed their first 2 songs because I was in KFC. From what I did see singer Brian Aubert was cool to watch, he understands that 'showmanship' isn't a bad thing and lead the band in a long encore session. Bassist Nikki Monninger was, for lack of a better term, 'cute as hell' passing out picks after songs and flashing all types of smiles. This band is touring all over the world and it was a pleasure to get to see them, thanks for coming to Seattle!!

Pictured below, Skaters on Broadway during the Block Party

No comments: