Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Answer and Edgar at Key 4/1/7

Nobody told me that my Metro Pass was going to cost $72. That trip to the store to buy Jim Beam BBQ sauce got damn expensive. Bleeding four bucks a day to get to and from work was getting tiresome but shitt! Don't worry I swipped my pass like a vet to board the bus to Seattle Center for tip-off. To the beautiful knit hatted girl reading the sheet music on the driver's side it's too bad you didn't move those calves with me to the game. I might of ditched my mother to take you. So Mom would have to do and we both want to know why the hell the west side ticket office was closed. That screwed up my smooth entrance, walking all the way around the arena. I had called Justin, my 206-283-DUNK hookup earlier in the day for a meet and greet before the game and had gotten REI. A chunk of ice rode in my stomach on the bus with me thinking I had been scammed in about one of the most impressive ways possible. However not the case I got an envelope at Will Call with a pair of tickets for A.I. and 3 others for the remaining games. Their was at least 150 people in line to buy tickets and a lot of scalpers trying to pick up anybody's loosies.
The most eventful part of pre-game was seeing that the Key had upgraded the food. I put the Jim Beam BBQ sauce to good use cooking dinner before hand thinking I could only get a pretzel and soda at the game. Grabbing a spot on the concourse wall and checking out the menu nearly cost me my AF1s.. A soda stain kept my sole to the ground as I picked my foot entirely out of my shoe, dude next to me saw it and I said, 'This is why the city doesn't want this team'. It was a lot funnier then but now you know the floor was dirty, bitch.

1ST QUARTER
A.I. missed some free throws maybe 3, the next time out I felt compelled to yell, "I came to see Allen Iverson, I came to see Allen Iverson". Remember were at a Pro game and you can hear a fan courtside yelling from the nosebleeds.

2ND QUARTER
Realizing I only had a few more minutes before half time and the basket while Melo was shooting free throws I yelled what anyone with on iota of knowledge was thinking, "Fights like a girl!".

3RD QUARTER (OR SO)
Edgar Martinez hits balled up tee shirt straight, line drive straight into the stands lofted by Bigfoot. My man looked like he was going to be DH for Opening Day against the A's AKA the Mariner's pimp for the year 2007.

4th QUARTER
Denver had the Answer and Ray Allen watched from god knows where.. Iverson scored 8 consecutive points to keep the push for the real season alive. The most skilled scorer in the history of Philadelphia basketball made sure I got my money's worth, wait the tickets were free baby!

I am still playing catch up but this is what the Sonics are hoping to contain in less than 24 hrs.


STILL TO COME.. A LATE ENTRY FROM OPENING DAY AT SAFECO!








No comments: